Virtual Art Department - Jedi Academy (Internship) Vancouver, BC申請 稍後繼續申請 Job ID oPIfhfwN 職位地點 溫哥華, 不列颠哥伦比亚, 加拿大 有意工作的公司 Industrial Light & Magic 張貼日期 2021/10/14
Are you a recent graduate looking to get your foot in the door in the exciting world of VFX, but not sure where to start? ILM’s Jedi Academy may be just the thing for you!
Offered as a six-week placement to recent graduates or artists with one to two years of VFX experience, the Jedi Academy provides the opportunity for graduating artists to learn from highly skilled supervisors and senior artists in the Virtual Art Department (VAD). The VAD bridges the gap between Production Design and VFX, creating Real Time environments for Virtual Production scouts. Come join The Force and train to create photo-real digital environments and assets all while being exposed to a variety of workflows and softwares for some of the biggest movies and television series in the world.
In this paid experience, successful applicants will be placed into the Virtual Art Department (VAD) and will provide entry-level assistance to the team while gaining experience in a fast-paced and highly collaborative live production environment through training, mentorship, and real shot-work development.
To top it off, graduates who successfully complete the Jedi Academy may be offered a Junior Artist position within the studio.
We are looking for an artist who reflects the innovative spirit and passion for great filmmaking that defines ILM.
What You’ll Do
Working in a “remote-first” fast-paced production environment, the Jedi Academy artists work closely with more senior artists and may perform the following:
- Produce high quality entry-level shot work
- Complete work within the timeframe bid
- Strengthen professional habits, including best practices for presenting work in dailies, working as a team, and communicating effectively
- Gain knowledge and appreciation of ILM’s culture and history
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide assistance for relocation, housing, transportation, or work authorization for the Jedi Academy. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada and must provide proof of long-term eligibility (i.e. documentation of Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status).
Applicants must also have graduated from a relevant VFX course or program within the last 12 months or have one to two years of VFX experience.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Design, Photography or related OR experience by working in our industry
- A strong foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, or digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes and interiors
- Some experience using a Real Time engine like Unreal or Unity. You are open to learning, with a demonstrated interest in and ability to quickly pick up new software
- Demonstrated ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, matte painting or compositing
- Strong teamwork, excellent communication and interdisciplinary thinking
- Entry-level knowledge in some or all of the following software packages: Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, Perforce and 3D paint programs like Substance Painter. Comparable software experience considered.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
關於 Industrial Light & Magic:
ILM 由 George Lucas 於 1975 年創立，擁有世界領先的設施，服務電影、商業製作和吸引力產業。ILM 已為 325 多個拍攝影片創造了視覺效果，並在有史以來全球票房前 10 名中的 7 部中發揮了重要作用，並在前 50 名中參與了 25 部。ILM 設定了視覺效果的標準，在電影歷史上打造一些極有魅力的角色。公司為數碼革命的前沿，繼續在視覺效果、VR、AR以及沉浸式影院中開辟新天地。
關於 The Walt Disney Company:
華特迪士尼公司，以及其附屬公司及隸屬機構，是頂尖多元化國際家庭娛樂及媒體企業，業務遍及以下範疇：媒體網絡、樂園及度假區、影城娛樂、消費產品與互動媒體。迪士尼在 1920 年代起步之初，只是一間卡通工作室，發展至今已成為娛樂界的翹楚。迪士尼昂然堅守傳承，繼續為家庭中每位成員創造世界一流的故事及體驗；其故事、人物和體驗於世界各地均家傳戶曉。我們在 40 多個國家地區營運業務，僱員及演藝人員攜手協力，創造全球和當地都珍愛的娛樂體驗。