Vice President – News Director, WABC-TV申請 稍後繼續申請 職位編號 775084BR 職位地點 纽约, 纽约州, 美国 有意工作的公司 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution 張貼日期 2021/02/22
工作概要:The VP - News Director is responsible for the news product across all platforms for the station as well as managing strategies and teams to develop content that connects with the community in a way that drives audience and revenue growth.
The VP - News Director is a key leader within the station, upholding our commitment to quality journalism and the communities we serve while driving modernization of the newsroom and maintaining a dynamic culture that embraces change and innovation.
This leader will work closely with the General Manager on the development of a clear vision for the future of our local business and will be effective in communicating, motivating and inspiring their team in executing that vision via hands-on leadership, optimism, strategic risk-taking and focused metrics of success. He or she will be an innovative thinker who, in partnership with the General Manager, can develop strategies that evolve the brand from not only being the place to go for breaking news, but also where consumers can expect to find localized high quality, high impact journalism and content.
The VP - News Director will work across ABC OTV with other News Directors and key leaders to drive collective growth and success.
- Lead the efforts and responsible for the development and implementation of a content strategy that attracts and engages audiences across platforms
- Directs and manages the overall newsroom operations to drive "ethical results" (meet or exceed KPIs) including established goals/objectives to help drive ratings, audience, video, and market share
- Oversee and evolve the brand to maximize its impact, relevancy and connection with local audiences.
- Lead a premium multi-platform news organization including a vast and diverse team of talent across various roles and disciplines
- Key partner with the General Sales leadership and sales teams in the ideation and development of content that aligns to the strategic goals in order to meet/exceed local advertising budgets/forecasts and monetize audiences across all platforms
- Continue to identify more effective and efficient approaches to operations and processes throughout the newsroom
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with community leaders as a key member of the stations’ leadership team
- Seek out opportunities to contribute to the local market area for the betterment of the community
- Recruit, develop, and retain a strong team, including on-air talent; provide guidance and coaching to maximize their performance and accelerate their professional growth
- Champion data and analytics to drive multi-platform content, product and platform optimization as well as accountability across the newsroom
- Execute all corporate policies/objectives while maintaining the highest level of ethics and industry standards
- Establish and maintain an innovative and highly collaborative culture atmosphere that promotes novel idea generation, open communication, respect for others and excellence
- Create a diverse, collaborative, fun and stimulating work environment
- Collaborate with other parts of OTV and TWDC to advance the group’s interests and leverage assets
- Grow and develop unified OTT strategies to create / aggregate content in to streaming platforms
- Drive business and partnership development efforts to drive modernization and further group goals
- Proven leadership experience within a newsroom at a medium or large DMA local broadcast station or other news organizations
- A participative leadership approach that fosters collaboration and innovation
- Ability to recognize, create and communicate priorities, strategies as well as market opportunities and challenges to drive growth and performance improvement
- Attention to detail, project management skills, and the ability to effectively lead and manage in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Understanding of FCC rules and regulations
- Experience working with unions and contract negotiations
- Understanding of marketing and audience development in a multi-platform environment
- Knowledge of the New York City/metro market
- Experience managing budgeting processes and strategic planning
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field or relevant equivalent experience
關於 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) 涵蓋本公司的國際業務單位及各種直達消費者串流服務，將技術、媒體發佈及廣告銷售結合至單一業務界別，從而為世界各地消費者創造和呈獻度身訂造的娛樂體驗。
關於 The Walt Disney Company:
華特迪士尼公司，以及其附屬公司及隸屬機構，是頂尖多元化國際家庭娛樂及媒體企業，業務遍及以下範疇：媒體網絡、樂園及度假區、影城娛樂、消費產品與互動媒體。迪士尼在 1920 年代起步之初，只是一間卡通工作室，發展至今已成為娛樂界的翹楚。迪士尼昂然堅守傳承，繼續為家庭中每位成員創造世界一流的故事及體驗；其故事、人物和體驗於世界各地均家傳戶曉。我們在 40 多個國家地區營運業務，僱員及演藝人員攜手協力，創造全球和當地都珍愛的娛樂體驗。
這個職位隸屬於 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., 其所屬的業務部門是 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution。
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. 是機會均等的僱主。申請人將獲考慮聘僱，而不分種族、膚色、宗教、性別、國籍、性取向、性別身份、殘疾或受保護退伍軍人身分。Disney 培養商業文化，所有人的想法和決策都有助我們發展、創新、創造最好的故事，並與瞬息萬變的世界息息相關。