Lighting Supervisor申請 稍後繼續申請 Job ID 10000800 職位地點 悉尼, 澳大利亞 有意工作的公司 Industrial Light & Magic 張貼日期 2024/02/12
The Lighting Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of Lighting TD’s and Leads to create, direct and reflect lighting and shadows that meet the creative direction and vision of the project. This role has shared accountability for the management and deliverables of the Lighting department utilizing research, development, and implementation of new techniques when necessary.
- Quality and artistic supervision of lighting with input from VFX Supervisor
- Designs, implements and critiques generic lighting and compositing to help facilitate the creative "look" of the project
- Determines the need and extent of mattes, paintings, effects and shaders for digitally composited shots.
- Driven to regularly interact with the Producer and Director to understand the desired look as it relates to lighting for the production.
- Deliver final shots to production and ensure final technical check is complete.
- Tracking lighting continuity within sequences.
- Participates as a Supervising team member in determining various design solutions; efficiency improvements and provides artistic feedback on a shot and sequence level to other team members of the production.
- Coaches and guides the team of Lighting TD’s to execute quality performance for the project.
- Partners with Artist Management to guide artists’ overall professional development, providing performance feedback, mentoring, assist with resolving performance issues and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew.
- Attend all relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team.
- Actively participates in the recruiting and staffing of the lighting team - assesses the work of prospective candidates for the hiring process.
Required Skills / Technical Competencies:
- Extensive management experience of large teams (10+ individuals)
- Ability to plan and execute complex 3D lighting scenes including working with layers and passes, doing complex comps and optimizing scenes and renders
- Must be self sufficient
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Highly proficient skills in technical problem solving
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring and developing artists
- Plans well and manages priorities
- Stays agile and flexible
- Thinks analytically and innovatively
- Always curious and seeks new learning opportunities
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, Python and shell scripting required.
- Look development and/or shader writing preferred
- Relevant knowledge of color theory, composition, lighting, aesthetics and how these apply to lighting and rendering in 3D
- Strong working knowledge of various software platforms including Katana, Maya, Nuke, or any other high end CG or compositing software.
- Knowledge of Clarice desirable but not essential
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Some photography experience a plus (knowledge of composition, photography terms like depth of field, FOV, aperture, exposure, dynamic range)
Education / Experience:
- 6+ years’ experience as a Lighting Supervisor or role with equivalent level of responsibility in VFX film or on CG animated projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Graphics or equivalent work experience
- Experience working across different studios/locations and time zones
關於 Industrial Light & Magic:
ILM 由 George Lucas 於 1975 年創立，擁有世界領先的設施，服務電影、商業製作和吸引力產業。ILM 已為 325 多個拍攝影片創造了視覺效果，並在有史以來全球票房前 10 名中的 7 部中發揮了重要作用，並在前 50 名中參與了 25 部。ILM 設定了視覺效果的標準，在電影歷史上打造一些極有魅力的角色。公司為數碼革命的前沿，繼續在視覺效果、VR、AR以及沉浸式影院中開辟新天地。
關於 The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company 連同其子公司和聯營公司，是領先的多元化國際家庭娛樂和媒體企業，業務遍及以下範疇：Disney Entertainment、ESPN、Disney Parks 及 Experiences and Products。Disney 在 1920 年代的起步之初，只是一間卡通工作室，至今已成為娛樂界的翹楚，並昂然堅守傳承，繼續為家庭中每位成員創造世界一流的故事與體驗。Disney 的故事、人物與體驗傳遍世界每個角落，深入人心。我們在 40 多個國家/地區營運業務，僱員及演藝人員攜手協力，創造全球和當地人們都珍愛的娛樂體驗。
這個職位隸屬於 ILM (Australia) Pty. Ltd., 其所屬的業務部門是 Industrial Light & Magic。