Junior Facial Capture Artist Singapore, Singapore申請 稍後繼續申請 職位編號 o3UTdfwN 職位地點 , 新加坡 有意工作的公司 Industrial Light & Magic 張貼日期 2020/10/30
The Facial Capture team, working alongside the Layout team at ILM, are responsible for the successful retargeting of an actor’s facial performance onto a CG character.
A unique blend of both a technical and creative mind-set, you will become well versed in the ILM pipeline as well as working at shot level production.
The role of a facial capture artist provides skills and understanding that could be transferred to future roles in other 3D disciplines such as Layout, Creature, Modelling and Animation.
Working closely with the Face-cap Lead/Supervisor, a Junior Facial Capture TD would be responsible for:
- Starting from a live action performance of an actor, create roto shapes to define the deformation of the eyes and mouth.
- Using proprietary software and a library of facial expressions, generate an accurate representation of the head movement and changing face shapes of the actor.
- Animate the jaw, eye gaze and blinks on the CG rig to match the actor.
- Using sculpting tools, create corrective shapes to fix any issues with the solved facial mesh once it is re-targetted onto the renderable CG character.
- Retime the performance to match the editorial reference for a given shot.
- Submit your work for approval and take on-board both technical and creative notes from your Facial Lead/Supe.
Education / Experience
- Experience in a related subject (computer animation/computer science/vfx) or course from recognised VFX institute
- No previous industry experience required however relevant work experience, internship or other VFX production experience would be a bonus.
- The ability to learn new software and workflows based on training documents and video tutorials.
- A keen eye for detail with good problem solving skills and a proactive mind-set.
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills as the role requires constant dialogue with the team lead, the team, production and other departments.
- Excellent time management in order to keep on schedule.
- Experience of working in a live action VFX pipeline.
- Experience in gathering information on location for match-move is a plus.
- Sharp eyes for motion, timing and expression a big plus for facial related work.
- Understanding of photography and the effects of different lenses on perspectives.
- General knowledge about working with virtual cameras, lenses and plates.
- Experience in a 3D software package (such as maya) and show confidence with the interface, modelling and sculpting.
- Knowledge of a tracking software package such as 3DEqualizer, Pf Track or SynthEyes.
- Exposure to LINUX OS.
- Must have the ability and willingness to learn new in house proprietary software.
- Exposure to motion capture, particularly facial work, is a big plus.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
關於 Industrial Light & Magic:
ILM 由 George Lucas 於 1975 年創立，擁有世界領先的設施，服務電影、商業製作和吸引力產業。ILM 已為 325 多個拍攝影片創造了視覺效果，並在有史以來全球票房前 10 名中的 7 部中發揮了重要作用，並在前 50 名中參與了 25 部。ILM 設定了視覺效果的標準，在電影歷史上打造一些極有魅力的角色。公司為數碼革命的前沿，繼續在視覺效果、VR、AR以及沉浸式影院中開辟新天地。
關於 The Walt Disney Company:
華特迪士尼公司，以及其附屬公司及隸屬機構，是頂尖多元化國際家庭娛樂及媒體企業，業務遍及以下範疇：媒體網絡、樂園及度假區、影城娛樂、消費產品與互動媒體。迪士尼在 1920 年代起步之初，只是一間卡通工作室，發展至今已成為娛樂界的翹楚。迪士尼昂然堅守傳承，繼續為家庭中每位成員創造世界一流的故事及體驗；其故事、人物和體驗於世界各地均家傳戶曉。我們在 40 多個國家地區營運業務，僱員及演藝人員攜手協力，創造全球和當地都珍愛的娛樂體驗。