ILMxLAB Technical Artist San Francisco, CA申請 稍後繼續申請 職位編號 ob6D7fwL 職位地點 旧金山, 加利福尼亚州, 美国 有意工作的公司 Industrial Light & Magic 張貼日期 2020/04/28
*Remote Work Option Available*
We are looking for a Technical Artist who is passionate about bringing the latest technical trends in real-time development to their craft, and who reflects the innovative spirit and immersive storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
The Technical Artist is responsible for actively partnering with the development team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences, striving for the highest possible visual fidelity while ensuring optimal performance.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to look development of the highest-caliber real-time art by creating shaders, lighting and particle effects, and partnering with character and environment artists on asset lookdev.
- Standardize and improve development processes for production of assets, materials, shaders, LODs, asset streaming, collisions, and interactions.
- Partner with the art and engineering teams to facilitate communication and collaboration, and ensure that goals and best practices for both are represented.
- Proactively identify and solve technical art issues and challenges.
- Create and maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of processes, tools and workflows.
What We're Looking For
- 5 years’ experience as a technical artist - or equivalent capacity - in 3D game development; and a degree in Computer Science or advanced programming skills
- Strong 3D art skills with experience and deep understanding of optimizing modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, shading, lighting and particle effects for real-time workflows
- Maya: excellent working knowledge of the API (Python or C++), strong scripting skills in Python/PyMel.
- Unreal Engine: extensive experience working with UE scripting and workflows: gameplay logic and Blueprints, physically-based rendering, materials & real-time lighting
- Shaders: in-depth knowledge of real-time shader implementations, limitations of shaders in VR, strong understanding of PBR pipelines and subsurface shaders
- Materials: experience in the development, authoring & organization of efficient node-based materials via the UE4 material editor
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Substance Designer / Painter, Zbrush or Mudbox, Houdini, Mari, Unity
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines and/or collaboratively with strong communication skills
**A portfolio / reel submission - including a detailed breakdown of your work in each section - is required with all applications**
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
關於 Industrial Light & Magic:
ILM 由 George Lucas 於 1975 年創立，擁有世界領先的設施，服務電影、商業製作和吸引力產業。ILM 已為 325 多個拍攝影片創造了視覺效果，並在有史以來全球票房前 10 名中的 7 部中發揮了重要作用，並在前 50 名中參與了 25 部。ILM 設定了視覺效果的標準，在電影歷史上打造一些極有魅力的角色。公司為數碼革命的前沿，繼續在視覺效果、VR、AR以及沉浸式影院中開辟新天地。
關於 The Walt Disney Company:
華特迪士尼公司，以及其附屬公司及隸屬機構，是頂尖多元化國際家庭娛樂及媒體企業，業務遍及以下範疇：媒體網絡、樂園及度假區、影城娛樂、消費產品與互動媒體。迪士尼在 1920 年代起步之初，只是一間卡通工作室，發展至今已成為娛樂界的翹楚。迪士尼昂然堅守傳承，繼續為家庭中每位成員創造世界一流的故事及體驗；其故事、人物和體驗於世界各地均家傳戶曉。我們在 40 多個國家地區營運業務，僱員及演藝人員攜手協力，創造全球和當地都珍愛的娛樂體驗。