ILMxLAB Systems Designer (Experience Designer) San Francisco, CA申請 稍後繼續申請 職位編號 ouh0dfwI 職位地點 旧金山, 加利福尼亚州, 美国 有意工作的公司 Industrial Light & Magic 張貼日期 2020/11/20
*Remote Work Option Available*
The Systems Designer is a key member of ILMxLAB’s Experience Design team that creates, iterates, and balances game systems, mechanics, and content. We are looking for a designer who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, and passion for great storytelling that define ILM and ILMxLAB.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the Supervisors, Designers, Engineers, Artists, Producers, and Animators to create, iterate, and balance world-class game mechanics and systems.
- Research subject matter relating to design goals to ensure an authentic experience
- Implement systems and content that leverages the capabilities of existing systems.
- Create and maintain design documents and systems specifications for games with an eye toward systems design.
- Contribute to tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks, or suggesting areas where tools could improve efficiency and/or quality of life.
- Playtest and provide regular feedback to other designers with the systems design lens.
- Be a proactive self-starter that can execute high-level direction without supervision.
- Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team, and design management to continually tune and refine gameplay.
What we’re looking for
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in math, economics, computer science, engineering, game design, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a game designer with at least 1 shipped title in a systems designer role.
- Proficient with game engines such as Unreal Engine 4, Frostbite, Unity, or equivalent
- Knowledgeable of game development tools and workflow optimization
- Problem-solver who is able to deconstruct gameplay design down to its core in order to create elegant, reusable systems.
- Excellent communicator who can articulate and document systems so the team can benefit.
- Experience writing game design documents or specs and tuning particular game systems such as player progression or game wide economies.
- Must have the ability to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule
- Demonstrable organized approach to problem solving and time-management to meet strict production deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of game design theory as well as current industry trends with a focus on creating innovative, immersive experiences.
- Experience scripting/programming in Blueprints, Lua, Python, C++, etc.
- Bonus points for previous experience working on Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality, and/or location-based, interactive experiences.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
關於 Industrial Light & Magic:
ILM 由 George Lucas 於 1975 年創立，擁有世界領先的設施，服務電影、商業製作和吸引力產業。ILM 已為 325 多個拍攝影片創造了視覺效果，並在有史以來全球票房前 10 名中的 7 部中發揮了重要作用，並在前 50 名中參與了 25 部。ILM 設定了視覺效果的標準，在電影歷史上打造一些極有魅力的角色。公司為數碼革命的前沿，繼續在視覺效果、VR、AR以及沉浸式影院中開辟新天地。
關於 The Walt Disney Company:
華特迪士尼公司，以及其附屬公司及隸屬機構，是頂尖多元化國際家庭娛樂及媒體企業，業務遍及以下範疇：媒體網絡、樂園及度假區、影城娛樂、消費產品與互動媒體。迪士尼在 1920 年代起步之初，只是一間卡通工作室，發展至今已成為娛樂界的翹楚。迪士尼昂然堅守傳承，繼續為家庭中每位成員創造世界一流的故事及體驗；其故事、人物和體驗於世界各地均家傳戶曉。我們在 40 多個國家地區營運業務，僱員及演藝人員攜手協力，創造全球和當地都珍愛的娛樂體驗。