Director, Climate Strategy申請 稍後繼續申請 Job ID 10070449 職位地點 伯班克, 加利福尼亚州, 美國 有意工作的公司 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) 張貼日期 2023/11/29
The Enterprise Environmental Sustainability Team at The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) oversee the Company’s progress towards its 2030 Environmental Goals focused on emissions, water, waste, materials, and sustainable design.
The team partners with key corporate functions and business segments (including Environmental Policy, Parks & Resorts, Cruise Lines, Movie & TV Production, Consumer Products, etc.) to help set environmental sustainability goals and guide and oversee their implementation. As aggregators of Enterprise-wide environmental performance data and initiative inventories, the team has a big-picture oversight role to help reduce Disney’s environmental impacts, manage environmental risks, and pursue environmental opportunities.
Beyond stewarding the goals, the team strives to influence a culture of environmental responsibility across the company.
Responsibilities of the Role:
As a member of the management team within the Global Public Policy organization, participate as a subject matter expert and thought partner in the ongoing development of The Walt Disney Company’s (TWDC) climate strategy and environmental goals.
Oversee the implementation of the company’s climate strategy globally, across all regions, segments and business units with efforts related to decarbonization, disclosure and climate risk & opportunity assessment.
Lead a group of technical experts working in the central team and across the company to drive decarbonization and progress on the Company’s five emissions-related goals:
- Reduce absolute emissions from direct operations (scope 1 & 2) by 46.2% by 2030, against a 2019 baseline
- Achieve net zero emissions for direct operations by 2030
- Purchase or produce 100% zero carbon electricity by 2030
- Invest in natural climate solutions
- Reduce scope 3 emissions in line with a ‘well below 2°C’ scenario by 2030
- Manage the team developing the Company’s Integrated Emissions Reduction Plan for scope 1 and 2 emissions, ensuring the Plan drives optimization at the “system level”, focuses on the most cost-effective strategies, and aims to drive the most carbon reduction per unit of energy reduced.
- Oversee and help accelerate the work of the expert team working to help the Company reach 100% Zero Carbon Electricity by 2030, including partnering with segments and external advisors to accelerate implementation of onsite renewables, offsite renewable Power Purchasing Agreements (PPAs) and Virtual Power Purchase Agreements (VPPAs)
- Oversee the work by an expert central team and site level teams working to accelerate energy & fuel efficiency, use of lower carbon fuels, electrification of transportation fleets and buildings, and partner with sustainable productions teams to help reduce use of diesel-generators in movie and TV productions.
- Oversee the company’s internal carbon tax and develop budget mechanisms in support of investment in emissions reductions to help achieve the 2030 emissions Goals.
- Lead the expert team partnering with segments to refine and implement scope 3 emissions reduction plans focused on absolute scope 3 reduction as well as efforts to engage suppliers to set science-based targets.
- Govern the process to develop and maintain our forward-looking scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions forecasts, including business- as-usual scenarios, lower emissions pathways, site-determined contributions, and interim targets.
- Lead the team responsible for the company’s use of Natural Climate Solutions (NCS) and Carbon Removals to ensure the company makes high quality NCS investments which lead to co-benefits including for nature and local communities.
- Lead the team implementing the company’s Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program and drive innovative approaches to help lower employee commuting emissions.
- Partner with the internal Environmental Metrics & Reporting team to maintain Inventory Management Plans and complete detailed annual emissions inventories and reduction accounting methods for scope 3 emissions.
- Serve as lead technical expert on all climate-related accounting matters including having in-depth understanding of key external guidance documents such as GHG Protocol, Science-based Targets Initiative and relevant sector-supplements.
- Partner with internal teams from ESG Reporting, Financial Reporting, Controllership, Legal and site-specific teams to ensure timely completion of climate-related disclosures such as CDP Climate, UK CFD, CA SB253, CASB261, CA AB1305, EU CSRD Climate topics, and others.
Climate Risk & Opportunity related roles
- Partner with relevant teams to conduct qualitative and quantitative assessments of the company’s climate risk, opportunities, resilience and adaptation.
- Bachelors degree in related academic field (environmental science / environmental policy, business, accounting, engineering)
- 10 years experience in corporate climate strategy development and implementation
- 5 years experience in scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions accounting aligned to GHG Protocol
- 2 years experience in climate risk and opportunity assessment
- Software: Excel/Tableau/Power BI
- Science-based Targets methodologies
- Masters in Environmental Sustainability / Masters in Environmental Policy / MBA
- GHG Accounting Certification
- Lifecycle analysis experience
- Experience in a complex matrixed organization
Additional Information This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer The hiring range for this position is $163,500.00-$219,200.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
關於 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
在 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)，你會看到公司強大品牌背後各業務如何融會交流，建構出全球最創新、影響深遠和備受尊崇的娛樂公司。作為企業團隊的一份子，你將會與推動策略以讓The Walt Disney Company穩佔娛樂界頂尖地位的世界精英領袖一同工作。與其他具有創新精神的思想家惺惺相惜，同時讓這個世界上最偉大的故事敍述家為全球各地千百萬家庭締造回憶。
關於 The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company 連同其子公司和聯營公司，是領先的多元化國際家庭娛樂和媒體企業，業務遍及以下範疇：Disney Entertainment、ESPN、Disney Parks 及 Experiences and Products。Disney 在 1920 年代的起步之初，只是一間卡通工作室，至今已成為娛樂界的翹楚，並昂然堅守傳承，繼續為家庭中每位成員創造世界一流的故事與體驗。Disney 的故事、人物與體驗傳遍世界每個角落，深入人心。我們在 40 多個國家/地區營運業務，僱員及演藝人員攜手協力，創造全球和當地人們都珍愛的娛樂體驗。
這個職位隸屬於 Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., 其所屬的業務部門是 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)。
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. 是提供平等機會的僱主。申請人將獲考慮聘僱，而不分種族、膚色、宗教、性別、年齡、國籍、性取向、性別身份、殘疾、受保護退伍軍人身份或聯邦、州份或地方法律所禁止的任何其他基礎。Disney 培養商業文化，所有人的想法和決策都有助我們發展、創新、創造最好的故事，並與瞬息萬變的世界息息相關。