Counsel - Consumer Products, Games and Publishing申請 稍後繼續申請 Job ID 856658BR 職位地點 伯班克, 加利福尼亚州, 美國 有意工作的公司 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) 張貼日期 2021/09/20
工作概要:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
This position supports the consumer products, games and publishing businesses within the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment of The Walt Disney Company and includes merchandise licensing, book publishing, and production and licensing of in-person and virtual events (e.g., live onstage explorer talks, virtual events and offerings, concerts) with an emphasis on matters related to the National Geographic brand. As such, the successful candidate must be comfortable with handling diverse legal, regulatory, and compliance issues, and have the judgment to know when to elevate issues to senior attorneys in the department and legal subject matter experts. The successful candidate must also be adept at briefing non-legal colleagues on complex legal issues.
We are looking for a candidate who reflects the innovative spirit and creative talent that defines the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment—the segment that brings the magic of The Walt Disney Company’s powerful brands and franchises—including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, Twentieth Century Studios and National Geographic—into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime.
- Draft, review, and negotiate various contracts, including talent agreements, license agreements for merchandise, license and distribution agreements for print and/or digital media, publishing agreements, and services agreements related to in-person and virtual events (e.g., live onstage explorer talks, virtual events and offerings, concerts)
- Analyze contracts in response to business questions, as well as to provide necessary contractual/research information to supervisor (to assist in assessing options and risks associated with each option)
- Provide advice on legal issues relating to intellectual property licensing and related activities including reviewing style guides, promotions, and licensee packaging and marketing materials.
- Acquire and maintain a clear understanding of various rights (including talent and asset restrictions) relating to NatGeo content and its use in consumer products in order to provide legal advice to clients, domestically and internationally
- Coordinate with subject-matter experts within Disney (e.g., privacy, tax, intellectual property, technology, and international labor standards) to address issues arising from consumer products or agreements and new product or event types to ensure compliance with Company policies
- Collaborate with technology implementation team to launch virtual offerings involving in-house technology applications and third party platforms
- Help to establish, update, and maintain processes and templates to create and maintain efficiencies
- Provide creative solutions to complex business and legal issues, across a variety of subject matters, scenarios, and alternatives
- Be a team player who collaborates well with business clients and Legal Department colleagues
- Perform such other responsibilities as may be deemed necessary in support of Consumer Products
- At least 5 years of significant legal experience in a law firm advising major corporate clients and/or an in-house corporate legal department
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment and build interdepartmental relationships at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify and analyze complex issues, assess potential risk and impact and devise creative solutions and strategies. Must have a commercial and solution- oriented mind-set, and must be willing to take ownership of projects and think proactively
- Ability to evaluate and reconcile issues from the business-unit and enterprise-level perspective
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and time management skills with the ability to work under deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority and high-volume projects with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality
- Law degree (JD or equivalent) from an accredited law school
- Admission to the California State Bar or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
關於 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
在 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)，你會看到公司強大品牌背後各業務如何融會交流，建構出全球最創新、影響深遠和備受尊崇的娛樂公司。作為企業團隊的一份子，你將會與推動策略以讓The Walt Disney Company穩佔娛樂界頂尖地位的世界精英領袖一同工作。與其他具有創新精神的思想家惺惺相惜，同時讓這個世界上最偉大的故事敍述家為全球各地千百萬家庭締造回憶。
關於 The Walt Disney Company:
華特迪士尼公司，以及其附屬公司及隸屬機構，是頂尖多元化國際家庭娛樂及媒體企業，業務遍及以下範疇：媒體網絡、樂園及度假區、影城娛樂、消費產品與互動媒體。迪士尼在 1920 年代起步之初，只是一間卡通工作室，發展至今已成為娛樂界的翹楚。迪士尼昂然堅守傳承，繼續為家庭中每位成員創造世界一流的故事及體驗；其故事、人物和體驗於世界各地均家傳戶曉。我們在 40 多個國家地區營運業務，僱員及演藝人員攜手協力，創造全球和當地都珍愛的娛樂體驗。
這個職位隸屬於 The Walt Disney Company, 其所屬的業務部門是 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)。