Associate Principal Counsel – Distribution申請 稍後繼續申請 Job ID 921433BR 職位地點 伯班克, 加利福尼亚州, 美國 有意工作的公司 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) 張貼日期 2022/04/28
工作概要:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, direct-to-consumer streaming services, products, parks and experiences, and our television shows and networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Distribution Legal group negotiates and provides legal counsel for the distribution of The Walt Disney Company’s world-class feature films, television content and online direct-to-consumer offerings. We represent Disney’s expansive portfolio of brands from the Walt Disney Studios (including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Twentieth Century Studios and Searchlight) television entertainment, sports and news (including ABC Entertainment, ESPN, ABC News, Disney Channel/Disney Junior/Disney XD, FX Networks, National Geographic Channel and Freeform), and our innovative direct-to-consumer offerings (including Disney+, ESPN+, STAR+ and ABC News Live). The role is for the legal team supporting Disney Platform Distribution, which is part of the Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) division.
This team is the legal hub for Disney content distribution on a global scale, including theatrical distribution, television network distribution, over-the-top distribution of direct-to-consumer offerings via video streaming platforms, physical home video, electronic home video (“EHV”), transactional video-on-demand (“TVOD”), subscription video-on-demand (“SVOD”), ad-supported video-on-demand (“AVOD”) and linear television. The group also advises business executives on distribution technology matters, related legal and policy matters, and handles content protection.
This role will primarily provide legal support to The Walt Disney Company’s physical (DVD/Blu-ray) in-home distribution team; additionally, it will work with the digital distribution team, negotiating and closing industry-leading content sale and license agreements. This position will also serve as an advisor and counsel to those teams regarding such agreements, and the overall business related thereto.
- Primarily, negotiate various entertainment-related agreements primarily for the distribution of physical media (e.g., DVD, Blu-ray), including, but not limited to, vendor agreements, rental agreements, purchase orders, videogram licensing agreements, sales and promotional discount agreements, and merchandising agreements with brick & mortar retailers, distributors, and other content licensees.
- Additionally, negotiate distribution agreements with digital licensees for the digital in-home distribution model (e.g., ecopy, electronic home video licenses, video on demand) for The Walt Disney Company movies and TV shows.
- Provide guidance on, and facilitate the implementation of, various business strategies in product distribution for sell-through/rental business models, physical/digital hybrid models, cross lines of business opportunities (e.g., consumer products, games), and other distribution-related initiatives.
- Assistance and enforcement of complex collection efforts for unpaid debts and claims disputes, including discovery, legal research and writing, memoranda preparation, and collection correspondence.
- Support various client groups in North America, including the sales team and related cross-functional areas such as, finance, marketing, operations, credit/collections, in-store supply chain.
- Provide legal advice on substantive areas of law, including, but not limited to, contract, anti-trust, bankruptcy, advertising, consumer protection, and intellectual property (including anti-piracy).
- Minimum 5 years of legal experience.
- Significant transactional experience in the entertainment industry.
- Transactional experience in content distribution for home video, television and/or new media. Preferred experience in transactional work related to the same of home video discs.
- Significant exposure to and understanding of matters relating to intellectual property and antitrust.
- JD or equivalent
- Admission to California State Bar or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
關於 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
在 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)，你會看到公司強大品牌背後各業務如何融會交流，建構出全球最創新、影響深遠和備受尊崇的娛樂公司。作為企業團隊的一份子，你將會與推動策略以讓The Walt Disney Company穩佔娛樂界頂尖地位的世界精英領袖一同工作。與其他具有創新精神的思想家惺惺相惜，同時讓這個世界上最偉大的故事敍述家為全球各地千百萬家庭締造回憶。
關於 The Walt Disney Company:
華特迪士尼公司，以及其附屬公司及隸屬機構，是頂尖多元化國際家庭娛樂及媒體企業，業務遍及以下範疇：媒體網絡、樂園及度假區、影城娛樂、消費產品與互動媒體。迪士尼在 1920 年代起步之初，只是一間卡通工作室，發展至今已成為娛樂界的翹楚。迪士尼昂然堅守傳承，繼續為家庭中每位成員創造世界一流的故事及體驗；其故事、人物和體驗於世界各地均家傳戶曉。我們在 40 多個國家地區營運業務，僱員及演藝人員攜手協力，創造全球和當地都珍愛的娛樂體驗。
此职位隶属于 TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., 即我们称为 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) 业务的一部分。
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. 是機會均等的僱主。申請人將獲考慮聘僱，而不分種族、膚色、宗教、性別、國籍、性取向、性別身份、殘疾或受保護退伍軍人身分。Disney 培養商業文化，所有人的想法和決策都有助我們發展、創新、創造最好的故事，並與瞬息萬變的世界息息相關。