Associate Principal Counsel – Publishing and Consumer Products申請 稍後繼續申請 Job ID 856659BR 職位地點 伯班克, 加利福尼亚州, 美國 有意工作的公司 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) 張貼日期 2021/10/07
工作概要:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
This position supports various teams within the Consumer Products, Games, and Publishing segment on all aspects of a global consumer products business. In this role, the candidate would work closely with clients in the following groups: (1) Publishing; (2) Public Relations, Communications and Events; (3) Integrated Retail; and (4) Franchise Marketing in connection with a wide-range of legal issues in areas including: (i) marketing and advertising issues, including activations directed to children, (ii) intellectual property and rights of publicity, and (iii) event production.
The successful candidate must be comfortable with handling diverse legal, regulatory, and compliance issues, and have the judgment to know when to elevate issues to senior attorneys in the department and legal subject matter experts. The successful candidate must also be adept at briefing non-legal colleagues on complex legal issues.
We are looking for a candidate who reflects the innovative spirit and creative talent that defines the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment—the segment that brings the magic of The Walt Disney Company’s powerful brands and franchises—including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, Twentieth Century Studios and National Geographic—into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime.
職責:Organized, detail-oriented, practical and strategically-minded are key words for this position. On any given day, you might:
- Structure, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of publishing agreements, including contracts with book authors and illustrators, distribution agreements, sales agreements, third party permissions, and font and stock photography licenses.
- Provide legal guidance on intellectual property rights, marketing and public relations initiatives relating to book launches, including reviewing ad collateral and negotiating marketing platform agreements and insertion orders.
- Evaluate and advise on issues relating to sales, operations, and royalty accounting.
- Advise on structuring of multi-dimensional global public relations initiatives and draft and negotiate a broad range of contracts such as retail promotion agreements, sponsorship agreements, vendor/professional services agreements, and talent agreements.
- Work cross-functionally with business and legal executives across multiple divisions to provide creative solutions to complex business and legal issues, across a variety of subject matters, territories, scenarios, and alternatives.
- Advise attorneys and non-attorneys on legal & regulatory issues and applicable company policies relating to the development and execution of a variety of PR and marketing programs and initiatives, including strategic development, creative execution, negotiation of agency agreements, and substantive review of advertising and promotional materials.
- Maintain and update contract templates and process documents to ensure they are reflective of legal changes and internal processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with business-unit stakeholders and internal subject-matter experts within the legal department.
- At least 7 years of significant legal experience in a law firm advising major corporate clients and/or an in-house corporate legal department
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment and build interdepartmental relationships at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify and analyze complex issues, assess potential risk and impact and devise creative solutions and strategies. Must have a commercial and solution- oriented mind-set, and must be willing to take ownership of projects and think proactively
- Ability to evaluate and reconcile issues from the business-unit and enterprise-level perspective
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and time management skills with the ability to work under deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority and high-volume projects with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality
- Experience providing legal services in the retail industry, content production and advertising
- Law degree (JD or equivalent) from an accredited law school
- Admission to the California State Bar or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
關於 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
在 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)，你會看到公司強大品牌背後各業務如何融會交流，建構出全球最創新、影響深遠和備受尊崇的娛樂公司。作為企業團隊的一份子，你將會與推動策略以讓The Walt Disney Company穩佔娛樂界頂尖地位的世界精英領袖一同工作。與其他具有創新精神的思想家惺惺相惜，同時讓這個世界上最偉大的故事敍述家為全球各地千百萬家庭締造回憶。
關於 The Walt Disney Company:
華特迪士尼公司，以及其附屬公司及隸屬機構，是頂尖多元化國際家庭娛樂及媒體企業，業務遍及以下範疇：媒體網絡、樂園及度假區、影城娛樂、消費產品與互動媒體。迪士尼在 1920 年代起步之初，只是一間卡通工作室，發展至今已成為娛樂界的翹楚。迪士尼昂然堅守傳承，繼續為家庭中每位成員創造世界一流的故事及體驗；其故事、人物和體驗於世界各地均家傳戶曉。我們在 40 多個國家地區營運業務，僱員及演藝人員攜手協力，創造全球和當地都珍愛的娛樂體驗。
這個職位隸屬於 TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., 其所屬的業務部門是 The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)。